Opinions of eight departments including the Ministry of Education on guiding the orderly and healthy development of education mobile Internet applications
Teaching Skills Letter  No. 55
Provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government Education Bureau (Education Committee), Internet Information Office, Communications Management Bureau, Public Security Department (Bureau), Civil Affairs Department (Bureau), Market Supervision Bureau, Press and Publication Bureau, Office of "Smelling and Fighting against Fei", Education of Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps Bureau, Internet Information Office, Public Security Bureau, Civil Affairs Bureau, Market Supervision Bureau, all universities and subordinate units under the Ministry, China Education and Research Computer Network Network Center:
Educational mobile Internet application (Education APP, hereinafter referred to as Education Mobile Application) refers to teaching staff, students, parents as the main users, and education and learning as the main application scenarios, serving school teaching and management, student learning and life, and home Internet mobile applications such as school interaction. In recent years, the mobile application of education has developed rapidly and widely, and has played an active role in improving teaching efficiency and management level, satisfying students' personalized learning needs and interest development, and optimizing the experience of teachers and students. However, some schools have seen flooding of applications, monopolization of platforms, and compulsory use. Some educational mobile applications have problems such as harmful information dissemination and advertising clusters, which have caused trouble to teachers and students and parents, and have adverse social impacts. In order to guide and standardize the orderly and healthy development of education mobile applications, and to better play the driving and leading role of education informatization, the following opinions are proposed.
I. General requirements
(A) guiding ideology
Guided by Xi Jinping's thoughts on socialism with Chinese characteristics in the new era, thoroughly implementing the spirit of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, fully implementing the spirit of the National Education Conference, the National Cyber Security and Informatization Working Conference, in accordance with the Education Law of the People's Republic of China Relevant national laws and regulations, such as the Cyber Security Law, focus on implementing the fundamental tasks of Ledder, actively develop "Internet + education", conduct online education, comprehensively deepen the reform of "decentralization and management services", implement inclusive and prudent supervision, and guide education mobile applications Healthy and orderly development, creating a healthy, orderly and safe cyberspace and learning environment for teachers and students.
(Two) basic principles
Scientific policy and classified guidance. Correctly handle the relationship between government and market, management and service, security and development. The classification guides educational mobile applications of different education stages and types, different user groups, and different functional uses to build a good education ecology.
Problem-oriented, both symptoms and symptoms. Focusing on issues that are strongly reflected by the masses, standardize from both the supply and demand sides. Carry out special actions to control chaos, establish regulations and standardize management, improve quality and efficiency to support development, and comprehensively implement strategies to fight well.
Multi-party participation and coordination. With the establishment of a normalized governance system as the key, the establishment of a comprehensive collaborative governance system with clear responsibilities including multi-agent participation in government management, corporate responsibility, expert advice, school control, parental supervision, social supervision, and industry self-regulation.
(Three) work goals
Comprehensively manage the chaotic phenomenon of educational mobile applications, supplement the supervision shortcomings, standardize the whole life cycle management, improve the quality of development and supply, create an excellent development ecology, and promote the orderly and healthy development of educational mobile applications. At the end of 2019, the registration of education mobile applications will be completed. Special education actions for education mobile applications were launched, and the problems reported by the masses were effectively alleviated. At the end of 2020, establish and improve educational mobile application management systems, specifications and standards, form a normalized regulatory mechanism, and initially build a scientific and efficient governance system.
Improving the quality of supply
(4) Establishing a filing system. Educational mobile application providers should report to the provincial education administration of the institution's domicile after obtaining the ICP record (involving the operation of telecommunication services, they should also apply for a telecommunications business operation license), the certification of the level of network security protection, and the level evaluation report. The department records the education business, registers the basic information of the unit and the education mobile application information developed. Before a registered mobile application provider launches a new application, it should update relevant information in the filing unit. The Ministry of Education has formulated filing methods, clarified the filing process and content, relied on the National Education Resources Public Service Platform to provide information-based support for the filing and registration, summarized the filing information of various provincial education administrative departments, and provided the society with query channels.
(5) Strengthen content construction. The content presented by educational mobile application providers should strictly abide by national laws and regulations, conform to the party's education policy, reflect the quality education orientation, and the advertisements presented should be consistent with the services provided. Educational mobile applications with minors as the main users should limit the length of use, specify the age range, and strictly control the content. Encourage educational mobile applications with teachers and students as the main users to enhance the ability to provide high-quality online education resources, and become an effective carrier for strengthening online ideological and political work. Educational mobile applications with forum, community, and message functions should establish an information review system. Educational mobile applications that implement training for all stages of education should review and register the entities that provide services. Among them: those who conduct disciplinary training at online training institutions outside the school should obtain teacher qualification certificates; those who hire foreign personnel to conduct training should review teaching Qualifications, education and capabilities, and strictly implement relevant national requirements.
(6) Standardize data management. Educational mobile application providers should establish a data protection mechanism that covers the collection, storage, transmission, and use of personal information. According to the principle of "real-name in the background and voluntary in the front-end", identity information authentication is performed for registered users. The collection, use, and use of personal information shall clearly state the purpose, method, and scope of the collection and use of information, with the consent of the user. Collect and use the information of minors should obtain the consent and authorization of the guardian. You cannot force users to authorize in disguise by default, bundling, stopping installation and use, etc. You must not collect personal information that is not related to the services provided, you must not violate laws and regulations and user agreements, you must not disclose, illegally sell or illegally provide personal information to others.
(7) Ensure network security. Educational mobile application providers should implement the main responsibility of network security, take effective measures to prevent and respond to network attacks, and ensure the smooth and safe operation of the system. Educational mobile applications and back-end systems should unify the requirements for network security level protection. Providers of mobile application distribution platforms, such as application stores, should strengthen the management of education mobile application shelves, establish a developer's real identity information registration system, conduct security audits of educational mobile applications, and promptly deal with illegal mobile education applications. Encourage educational mobile application providers to participate in network security certification and testing, and comprehensively improve the level of network security protection.
Third, standardize application management
(8) Implementing the main responsibility. Education administrative departments and schools are the units in charge of educational mobile applications independently developed by their own units and the responsible units for selecting third-party educational mobile applications. They should strengthen overall management, clarify the functions of functional departments, and move mobile applications such as education mobile applications, public accounts, and small programs. The Internet platform is incorporated into the important agendas of the region and the organization for deployment. In accordance with the principles of "who is in charge, who is responsible, who is responsible for development, who is responsible for selecting", a sound education mobile application management responsibility system is established to effectively safeguard the vital interests of teachers, students and parents.
(9) Establish a recommendation mechanism. Provincial education administrative departments should explore the recommendation mechanism of education mobile applications in the region in conjunction with functional departments such as the Internet, and organize reviews of education mobile applications in accordance with the principles of fairness, fairness, and openness. Also reported to the Ministry of Education. The recommended list should be of good quality and kept up to date. Encourage third-party assessments to organize the inspection of legal compliance, functional performance, and security of educational mobile applications, check the content presented by educational mobile applications, and provide technical support for recommendation work.
(10) Improve the selection mechanism. Education administrative departments and schools shall formulate a system for selecting mobile education applications. Selection should fully respect the opinions of faculty, students and parents, and strictly select standards and control the number to avoid unnecessary burdens. The selected educational mobile application shall be reported to the higher education administrative department for the record. Educational mobile applications selected without the collective decision of the education administrative department or school shall not be required to be used by students. The mobile education application for primary and secondary schools should implement the "dual review" system of education administration departments and schools; each provincial education administration department can simplify the review process based on the local actual combination of the recommendation system.
(11) Standardize school cooperation. Education administrative departments and schools shall regulate the admission management of mobile education applications. As an educational mobile application that requires unified use of teaching and management tools, students and parents must not be charged any fees, and commercial advertisements and games cannot be implanted. The recommended mobile application for education should follow the principle of voluntariness, should not be tied to teaching management behavior, and should not be linked to credits, grades and evaluation. Educational mobile applications that undertake important business such as admissions, examination registration, and performance inquiry should, in principle, be run and managed by the education administrative department and school. If it is really necessary to choose a third-party application, it is not allowed to sign an exclusive agreement or to monopolize the business by a single application. Encourage universities to optimize public services by cooperating with provincial education administrations, admissions examination institutions, and the "Sunshine College Entrance Examination" platform of the Ministry of Education.
(12) Promote integration and sharing. Education administration departments and schools should innovate the supply mode of education resources, explore the national digital education resources public service system, aggregate high-quality education resources, integrate various applications, and make the online learning space the main entrance to mobile education applications. Educational mobile applications that provide management and services for teachers and students should be integrated into comprehensive education mobile applications that are "interconnected, business synergistic, and information-sharing." The mobile education application is encouraged to uniformly verify the collected institutions, teachers and students information with the national basic database, and aggregate them into the national basic education database.
Fourth, improve the regulatory system
(13) Strengthen industry norms. Educational mobile application providers should consciously accept social supervision, set up convenient complaint reporting channels, and handle complaints in a timely manner. Providers of mobile application distribution platforms such as application stores should implement supervision responsibilities, improve qualification verification, content review, cooperate with age-appropriate management, and take education business filing as an important condition for listing on the application store. Mobile terminal providers are encouraged to provide technical support for parental supervision and provide minor supervision functions. Actively play the role of industry associations, formulate industry conventions, establish industry credit evaluation systems and service evaluation systems, and promote industry normative development.
(14) Establish a coordination mechanism. Establish a multi-department coordination mechanism. The education administrative department is in charge of the education mobile application governance, is responsible for overall coordination, directs and supervises the implementation of the main responsibility of the school, and conducts joint governance with relevant departments. The network information department, the telecommunications authority, and the public security department focus on the supervision of mobile application providers, application store and other mobile application distribution platform providers, and mobile terminal manufacturers. The press and publication department focuses on the supervision of online publications such as teaching materials and teaching aids. The civil affairs department focuses on the registration and management of educational non-governmental non-enterprise units. The market supervision department focuses on the registration management of online for-profit educational institutions, and investigates and punishes illegal fees, false and illegal advertisements according to law. The public security department focuses on cracking down on related illegal and criminal activities.
(15) Expand supervision channels. The education administrative department shall strengthen cooperation with relevant functional departments, professional institutions, industry associations and enterprises, and establish a normal monitoring, early warning and notification mechanism through a combination of technical inspection and manual inspection. Through parent committees, parents' rights to know, evaluate, participate in, and supervise school teaching management are met. Guide parents to fulfill guardianship responsibilities, and guide students to use education mobile applications correctly by strengthening family communication and interaction, and setting mobile terminal restrictions. The education administrative department should fully grasp the development of education, accept complaints and suggestions in a timely manner, take the initiative to respond to social concerns, and effectively solve the problems of the masses.
(16) Strengthen assessment and accountability. Provincial education administrative departments shall establish a opt-out mechanism for education mobile applications, a negative list, and a blacklist system, promote the inclusion of blacklist information on the national credit information sharing platform, and implement joint punishment in accordance with relevant regulations. The education supervision department shall incorporate the education mobile application governance situation into the supervision and evaluation of lower-level government performance of education duties and the comprehensive supervision and evaluation of schools. The education administrative department shall incorporate education mobile application governance into relevant assessments such as the cyber security responsibility system. Interviews and notifications will be given to education administrative departments and schools that fail to implement their responsibilities and have inadequate measures. For serious consequences caused by dereliction of duty and malfeasance, the relevant responsible persons shall be held seriously accountable according to law and regulations.
V. Strengthening support and guarantee
(17) Strengthen organizational leadership. Education administrative departments and schools should incorporate the guidance and standardization of mobile education applications into important agendas, and establish a departmental coordination led by the education administrative department and involving the publicity, telecommunications, public security, civil affairs, market supervision and other departments. Mechanism, formulate a work plan, clarify the division of responsibilities, time nodes, implementation paths and safeguard measures. Establish a ledger of key tasks for education mobile applications in the region, coordinate and coordinate key tasks such as the management of online and offline training institutions, and supervise and guide the implementation of various tasks.
(18) Improve the system and norms. The education administrative department shall improve the filing, recommendation, selection, supervision and inspection of education mobile applications, and establish a management mechanism covering the entire life cycle. We will improve technical specifications for evaluation, monitoring, inspection, and protection of educational mobile applications, and promote the institutionalization, standardization, and standardization of education mobile application governance. Organize industry experts and related enterprises to jointly improve the standards of education mobile applications, standardize program development, operation management and other links, and improve the service quality and guarantee level of education mobile applications.
(19) Improve information literacy. Education administrative departments and schools shall organize management and technical personnel training, take standardized education mobile application management as an important content, and effectively improve management levels and guarantee capabilities. At the same time, we should strengthen publicity, guidance and education, and take advantage of activities such as school education and cybersecurity publicity week to cultivate scientific usage habits of teachers and students in schools; through parent meetings, parent schools, special reports, etc., to promote the establishment of correct use The concept of the Internet, comprehensively improve the information literacy of teachers, students and parents.
(20) Implementing job security. The education administrative department shall strengthen the financial support for the management of education mobile applications, and ensure the implementation of key tasks such as record filing recommendation, monitoring and evaluation, supervision and inspection. Education administration departments and schools should use the national education resource public service system and the national education management public service platform to provide informatized support for the education mobile application governance work, and explore the education mobile application supply of “government overall guidance, enterprise participation in construction, and school purchase services” Mechanism to provide quality educational resources and application services.
Ministry of Education, Central Network Office, Ministry of Industry and Information Technology
General Administration of Market Supervision, Ministry of Civil Affairs
National Press and Publication Administration National Office
August 10, 2019
- Previous post: Beijing Institute of Applied Technology dedicated to the "August 1st Army Day"
- Next: No more